Bryan D Howard wrote:

> Pierre Fortin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > This is minimal NAT...  you probably want to firewall your
> > network...  There are probably many different ways to do it; but
> > here's what I used to have...

> > /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
> >   #rc.firewall script - Start IPMASQ and the firewall
> >   /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall

> > /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall:
> > See http://rob.acol.com/~wlug/files/ipchains-firewall/ipchains-firewall.htm
> > and http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/

> Felix and Pierre,

> rc.local is, unfortunately, not a good place to start up your
> firewall.  It runs much too late in the boot process.  It's important
> to configure ipchains *before* you enable your network interfaces so
> that there won't be an interval during which you're not protected.

> The startup script /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains which is part of
> ipchains-1.3.9-6mdk.rpm is set up correctly to be started *before* the
> network startup script runs.  And, of course, it doesn't shut ipchains
> down until after shutting down the network interfaces.

This script exits if /etc/sysconfig/ipchains doesn't exist (it doesn't).
What you're saying is the right way to do what I'm trying to do (set up
IPmasq/firewall) is build this file?
--
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under
control.                Proverbs 29:11 NKJV

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net/