This is really odd... I hope someone can help me!

I got the nVidia drivers working... but OpenGL applications die or
segfault whenever I try to run then *when I'm in runlevel 5*!!

that is, if I go to runlevel 3 and type in "startx" to get to X, I can
run whatever openGL I want without any problems, but if I do it through
the login screen (kdm) they go nuts, and generally take the entire
X-server with them!!

Anyone have any idea's?  It's not too horrible coz I can just quit to
console mode then re-load X whenever I want to do something with GL...
but that's going to get really tedious REALLY fast.

Thanks for any help!

        Tom