Tom as you can see I'm on the win box...again!! After another hard reboot
fsck couldn't even repair the damage as a result of trying to get this
friggin Nvidia card working.
 The recommendation is that you change /etc/inittab to default runlevel of 3
and startx from console, Some kind of bug I think Nvidia is going to fix if
I remember right.
 The good thing is that you can actually use your card...feel blessed.
 John W