Below follow three problems I've had since I installed Mdk8. Sorry to
post them all in the same message, but I don't know whether or not
they are related.

What I did during the installation was to change (all partitions but
one) to ReiserFS. But I did no repartitioning, just changed the FS
from Ext2.

1. The harddrive is very slow, compared to before. A rough estimate is
3-5 times slower when reading from disk. This is also true on fairly
small files, which I expected to benefit from using ReiserFS.

2. Using hdparm on the drive has no perceptible change whatsoever. I
have fiddled with all the ususal settings to improve my disappointing
performance, but with no effect. Doesn't hdparm work with Reiserfs?

3. The size of one of the partitions is incorrectly estimated by df.
df says this:
                             used:
/dev/hda6             126M   80M   46M  64% /home

but du -sh /home says this: 52M /home

There seems to be about 30M missing, and this has been th case since
installing.

Could someone help me shed some light on these issues?

TIA

Jesper

p.s. Here follows my /etc/fstab, if useful:

/dev/hda8 / reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda5 /boot ext2 noatime 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home reiserfs defaults 1 2
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat user,exec,umask=0,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0