I've tried this, but failed.  Apparently for this to wrok you need ot
install two versions of X, one patched so that it accpets input from USB
k/board only.  There is a link to a How-to type document on the mandrake
forum somewhere.  It is quite a bit of work to get going, and there's no
guarantee that it will work with your particular hardware setup.

In the end I gave up on the idea and converted an old P133 box into a
dedicate X-terminal.  It will provide the same solution, but will be a lot
easier to set up.

I'll try and find that How-to URL for you.

Aaron