Hi,

I am sure somebody has reported this but I dont have
the answer yet :-);

I installed the kernel source

rpm -ivh kernel-source-2.4.3-20mdk.i586.rpm

then cd /usr/src/linux

make mrproper

make menuconfig
select config I want

save the config at /boot/config-2.4.3-20mdk after make
a backup current file

make dep
make bzImage

make modules
 back up the /lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk

make modules_install
(no error message here when it run depmod )

copy kernel image to /boot/2.4.3-20mdk
copy /usr/src/linux/System.map to
/boot/System.map-2.4.3-20mdk (after backup the orig
file)
edit /etc/lilo.conf, choose the new kernel image; I
dont use initrd.

Run lilo

Restart

Now it spits a lot of unresolved symbols and can not
insmod any modules at all.

I really dont understand and get totally confused. I
never have such strange things when I used Debian or
Slackware.

Thanks in advance..

=====
S.KIEU

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!