I had the same problem. Here is my fix:

My original fstab (CDROM and FLOPPY lines only) after upgrading:

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
/mnt/cdrom2 /mnt/cdrom2 supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom2 0 0
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0

With this configuration I had the same problem as you.
I writed to this list and Steve Kieu wrote:

"I would suggest you check the /etc/fstab ; may be some
*stupid* :-) configuration tool modify it and it is not right."

But the lines he writes don't work, but gives me an idea: I done this
sequence:
- supermount -i disable
- supermount -i enable

And with some minor changes I had a correct lines in fstab for cdrom and
floppy (but incorrect for windows partitions, but, hey, I solved it with my
backup copy of fstab :-)

And now, the correct lines for cdrom and floppy (in my system):

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
supermountfs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom,ro,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0

/mnt/cdrom2     /mnt/cdrom2     supermount
fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom2,ro,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0

/mnt/floppy     /mnt/floppy     supermount      fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0,nosuid,nodev 0 0

Salu2
Oscar.

El Dom 01 Jul 2001 16:05, escribiste: