I just installed MD 8.0 again on my laptop.  I use kde and it works fine but
there is a small annoyance that I would like to make go away forever.

My kde menu contains an extraneous file icon that contains kcontrol in it.
There is also the normal kcontrol icon in the main kde menu.  If I enter my
.kde/share/applnk directory there is a folder there named a nonsensical "p?/"
that is this unamed and unwelcome extra kmenu folder.

If I delete this directory, all is well, kcontrol still works from either the
panel or kmenu item but as soon as I logout and login again, there is that
p?/ folder again and there it is again in my kmenu.

How does one make this go away forever?  Why is it appearing at all?  This
system is the base 8.0, no updates yet.  In any case, before this morning's
reinstall of 8.0, it was there on my updated 8.0 system too.  I couldn't get
rid of it.

praedor