Hello,

Unfortunately, this ghost menu item doesn't appear in the menu editor.  All
that I see in the menu editor are the proper, official items.  Yet, in my
kmenu is a nameless/icon-less subfolder and within this is kcontrol, in
duplicate with the correct kcontrol which is in the main kmenu.

The actual directory is in .kde/share/apps and has the "name" of "p?/".
If I delete it with rm -rf "p?" it is eliminated until I startup the next day
and login.

It will not go away.