Dear friends:

This may seem like a trivial question, but it's been driving me crazy. I
have to reinstall LM 8.0, and, for the life of me, I can't find any
option to INSTALL EVERYTHING. One click of the mouse and you just
install everything on LM 8.0 (at least the 2 CD version, which totals
3.6 gig, I believe). Red Hat 5.2 used to have that option. You could
just select "Everything", relax, go for a walk, walk on your hands,
whatever. You didn't have to THINK about what to download and what not.
I switched to Mandrake after Red Hat 6.0 so i don't know whether that
option is still available in Red Hat. However, I can't help but wonder
whether a) such an option does exist buried somewhere deep within LM 8.0
or b) whether there is no such option at all, and if not, then, by God,
why not? I don't mean selecting groups of programs or sets or parts of
sets. I mean clicking on an option that says: INSTALL EVERYTHING, every
file and byte on these CD's. After installation, you can aquaint
yourself with all the goodies in LM 8.0, but why force the user to have
to THINK about what's on those CD's before installation. Just get it on
the hard drive first, get LM 8.0 fully installed and then you can enjoy
leisurely exploring its riches.

Does any of this make sense to you all? Has anyone ever wondered about
this. I mean, even if you have a 20 Gig hardrive, you won't be able to,
you can't install all of LM in one go. There is no option for it. Am I
right? I certainly hope I am wrong. I sure could use such an option
right now before I go really batty.

Thanks so much for listening. Looking forward to your answers.

Benjamin

--
Sher's Russian Web
http://www.websher.net