-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Nathan Callahan
Sent: 12 July 2001 12:12
To: Darcy Brodie
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Multiple network cards in a Mandrake
firewall/switch combination

Hi... This is probably all my fault for confusing the issue, so I guess
that I will have to try and help clean it up :-)

If you are using something resembling my silly little setup, BOTH nics
need to be set up with 255.255.255.128 netmasks.

If you are using something more like what the wise civileme wrote, is to
use a completely different network for the 10baseT hosts.  Something in
the 172.16.*.* range (as he suggested) or the 10.*.*.* would be
appropriate (I believe these are the IP ranges, along with 192.168.*.*,
researved for private networks)

Hope this helps, sorry for making muddying the waters.