Darcy Brodie wrote:

> I have added the additional nic into the firewall / masqurading machine, and
> configured  it to 192.168.1.128/255.255.255.128
> I can ping the address from the 100mhz network(both from the server, and from
> remote workstations).  However, I connected a  workstation to the new nic
> card (eth2) through a 10mhz hub, and I can not ping either the eth2 card from
> the remote 10mhz workstation, or the remote workstation  from the server.  I
> have verified that the hub and the cables are working. I have even used a
> cross over cable from the workstation to the server, but I still can not ping
> the eth2 card
>
> Darcy

Change the last octet to anything else in the 129-254 range and it should work.

       191.168.001.128
AND    255.255.255.128
is:    191.168.001.128 for network part
and:   000.000.000.000 for host part (broadcast)

i.e., using 129 gives:
       191.168.001.129
AND    255.255.255.128
is:    191.168.001.128 for network part
and:   000.000.000.001 for host part

Host 0 and host -1 (all binary ones in host part) are old-style and new-style
*broadcast* addresses respectively.

HTH,
Pierre