Craig Sprout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 02:43 PM 7/13/2001 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> >Approximately 1/5th of the time, I get duplicate messages from
> >the list.
>
> I think someone mentioned a while back that this is a, erm, feature of the
> mailing list software.

exactly.

>   If something is crossposted to Newbie and Expert, it will show up here twice.

Well, not exactly ;-)

If the mailing is to more than one recipient, then you will get that many
copies.

For example, EVERYONE will get 2 copies of this (with the possible
exception of Craig, who will probably get 1 or 3 ;-)

So, whenever you get 2 copies, check to see if the mail is sent to
any other destination.  If not, its a non-feature and probably should
be mentioned.  Otherwise, its a bu.. er, feature ;-) that will probably
be with us for a while...

> I could be wrong -- it's happened before! :)

Yeah, but this time you win the cupie doll ;-)

rc

Rusty E. Carruth       Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE                   ___
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116   \e/
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825                V
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W  http://tuxedo.org/~esr/ecsl/index.html