On Monday 16 July 2001 05:24 am, Maxim Heijndijk wrote:
> * Stardate: 2001-07-15 17:59
>
> * Incoming subspace signal from "Stephen Boulet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" :
> > It's easy. You select the "US keyboard (international)" in the Mandrake
> > control center -> hardware -> keyboard.
> > Then you can make use of "deadkeys" to type characters like ä (single
> > quote
>
> "deadkeys" ? What is that ?

It means that if you type in the ' <- single quote character with the
deadkeys enabled once, you get nothing. To actually get a single quote you
must type in a single quote two times, or a single quote followed by a space
key. The single quote key has been "overloaded" to act as a function key for
some vowels.

This is set up in the US keyboard (international). Other dead keys are shift
6 and the backtick key.

Tschüß,

Stephen