For added info when I run `cdrecord -scanbus` this is what I get:

[root@tick RPMS]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.17
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) '3ware   ' '3w-xxxx         ' '1.0' Disk
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'HP      ' 'CD-Writer+ 9100 ' '1.0a' Removable CD-ROM
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *