On 25-Jul-2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I recently installed a 3ware controller in my system.  Seeing that in
> order to create a RAID 5 array with this controller you had to wipe out
> all drives that are being put into the array and seeing that I have gone
> through a number of mdk upgrades without doing a fresh install, I
> decided to do a fresh install of mdk 8.0.  The configuration of the
> array and the install of mdk 8.0 went without a hitch once I allowed
> myself to sleep enough to read CD labels properly.
>
> Before I did a wipe and re-install I was running mdk 8.0 and I had
> installed the updates necessary to get xcdroast to work properly.  Now I
> can't seem to make it work after doing the updates for this new
> install.  Here is what I get when I run xcdroast:
>
> [root@tick root]# xcdroast
>
> ** ERROR **: cdrecord -scanbus output syntax error
>
> aborting...
> Aborted (core dumped)

cdrecord -scanbus scans the scsi bus on your machine and gives you list. If
IDE-SCSI emulation is enabled the emulated devices are also shown. I suppose
that your 3ware controller does some fancy things on the scsi bus.

This is a hardware / driver problem.

Gregor

E-Mail: Gregor Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 25-Jul-2001
Time: 10:03:25