George Petri wrote:

> service sound start:

> invalid parameter parm_irq
> /lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/sound/es1371.o: insmod
>/lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/sound/es1371.o failed
> /lib/modules/2.4.4/kernel/drivers/sound/es1371.o: insmod es1371 failed
>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> Interestingly, insmod tulip irq=xx and insmod es1371 irq=xx both give the "invalid
>parameter parm_irq" error :(

Try modprobe instead of insmod like:

modprobe tulip irq=xx
  -or-
modprobe tulip

I can't remember whether you'll need to specify the full path (or the
filename extension) to the driver or not, though I think not. Try the
modprobe without any resource parameters too. If you've got the system
set up for the bios to assign device resources instead of a PNP OS the
driver may be able to correctly detect them. Aside from this I'm about
out of ideas - seems like some of this should have worked.

Anyone else out there with an idea?

> Is it because of my cheap hardware that I can't change irq?

Probably not.

--
Mike Rambo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]