A friend of mine bought some NetGear ethernet cards, FA311 Fast
Ethernet PCI card, to be precise, and I'm trying to get one to
work on his linux box.

Its LM7.2 on the box, on a PII/200 w/32M ram.

The card comes with a disk with instructions on how to
make it work for Red Hat, so I tried them and it almost
worked - I had to use a different compile command
than I'd expected.  Then I copied the .o to the
appropriate place in my /lib/modules directory and
rebooted.

And got loads of 'undefined' references.

SO, it looks like its finally time to get the module creation
process understood.

1 - where do I go look for docs on that.

2 - has anyone made the NetGear FA311 card work under Mandrake?
        How?

thanks!

rc

Rusty E. Carruth       Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE                   ___
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116   \e/
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825                V
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W  http://tuxedo.org/~esr/ecsl/index.html