Hey guys,
        I've had a problem for a while now that is driving me crazy. I've
        got a Gateway Laptop, a 5300. It's a PIII-600, 192MB RAM and has a
        DVD drive. It also refuses to install mandrake! The last release it
        will install is 8.0r3. The final 8.0 release won't install and
        neither will the latest mandrake frequency. The installation
        procedure gets up to the "Pick language" bit and then just locks up.
        Everything stops - I have to pull the battery out to restart the
        machine. A text/expert install does practically the same thing. What
        is happening here? Can someone help me out - give me an idea of
        what's going on? If I install 8.0r3 and then upgrade it screws up a
        bunch of stuff and doesn't reconfigure the kernel properly, leaving
        me without proper networking and lots of other stuff. All
        suggestions welcome!

Regards,
        Angus