Okay, I'm willing to put more time into this seemingly hopeless cause of
getting Cups to work for remote printing.  This involves four machines
running LM8.0.  So far, I've tried Cups versions 1.1.6, 1.1.7-1.1, &
1.1.9-5.  I can get local printing to work and I can get remote printers
to show up on Kups.  But print jobs just can't get through to the remote
printers.

At this point, I just need to know one thing:

Have any of you been able to get Cups to print on remote printers?  If
so, what version Cupsd are you using?  Also, what particular application
did you use to setup your remote & local printers?

TIA,
Sevatio

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com