It's a safer bet to uninstall the codeweavers version first, then install the
new version.  If you are going to change providers, you may also see a
different set of paths for installation so that if you leave the previous
version on your system you may end up with a mishmash of libs, etc.

If you were upgrading from one winehq version to another, then fine, but you
are switching variants of wine so...just ininstall codeweavers first and
avoid any potential problems.

On Sunday 19 August 2001 08:09 am, Olaf Marzocchi wrote:
> I have Codeweavers-wine installed on my MDK8.0 and I want to upgrade it
> because a new WINE version has been released. Can I download WINE (that
> from wineHQ) and simply install it?
[...]

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com