On Tuesday 21 August 2001 09:32 am, Olaf Marzocchi methodically organized
electrons to state:
> At 07.43 21/08/01, you wrote:
> > > I have Codeweavers-wine installed on my MDK8.0 and I want to upgrade it
> > > because a new WINE version has been released. Can I download WINE (that
> >
> >I just did a wine upgrade from winehq.com. Codeweavers seems to just be
> >another variant of the stuff that comes from winehq. I opted for the
> >unstripped .bz2 snapshot, about 4 megs or so in size, and installation
> >is fairly straightforward. But there are several versions of builds,
> >stable and not as stable, stuff built from the latest CVS, or of course
> >there is the option of building it yourself - and it's not all that
> >complicated to do that.
>
> When I installed codewevaers I chose it because I wasn't able to write the
> config file myself. Once solved that problem and once got wine to start
> every time I click on an exec., I will use only winehq.

Set up a mime type for .exe and .EXE and link it to wine. That's all
Codeweavers does.

> If you tell me how to solve those 2 problems, I can download winehq.
> The config file semms rather complicated, most of all the DLL list. Is
> there a tool to write it? codeweavers had one.
> Second problem: strangely some time ago I was able to launch an EXE by
> simply clicking on it, now not anymore.

The wine config file has changed from the time Codeweavers did their program.
they also use a config file for each user instaed of a global config file;
the local one is the one their setup tool edits.

You can "upgrade the Codeweavers install with a newer version of wine, only
remember to copy the new config file to your home directory. The changes in
teh file are related to DirectX support IIRC.

Hoyt

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com