Greetings,

Could you describe how you did the upgrade? I am having a few problems as
I attempt to do it.

Did you install over 2.1.1 or remove it before? I also downloaded RPMs
from ftp.kde.org - for Mandrake 8.0 i586 (should I download devel and
static-devel RPMs?), but I get failed dependencies as I try to install:

(I removed KDE 2.1.1 before trying to install 2.2, obviously from a
command line)

# rpm -Uvh kdelibs-2.2-1mdk.i586.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        libasound.so.1 is needed by kdelibs-2.2-1mdk
        libpcreposix.so.0 is needed by kdelibs-2.2-1mdk
        libpcre.so.0 is needed by kdelibs-2.2-1mdk

Any idea where I get these libs from? Also, what is the order of
installation - which RPMs go first?

Thank you,
Aleksey

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com