Thanks Darin,

I feel the same way about these Aureal cards.  I haven't had this one for
long, but it used to be fantastic under NT4 (I only stopped using it
because I changed to a motherboard that had onboard Creative CT5880 sound
which was good enough for me on my development machine.

Cheers,
Lyric

> Lyric,
>     I have an Aureal SQ2500, which uses the 8830 chipset.. This is by far
> the best sound card out there.. It beats the SB Live hands down..
>
> The drivers for it can be obtained here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/aureal
> You will want to get the 1.1.2 drivers, and patch number 407654.  The patch
> will fix a bug caused problems with ARTSD.  The patch can be obtained here:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=407654&group_id=810
> 9&atid=308109
>
> Once you untar and unzip the drivers, save the patch into the aureal
> directory under the name aureal.diff
> Then do 'patch -p1 < aureal.diff'
> That will patch the source code..
> Then do 'make' to compile
> Then do 'make install' to install the driver..
> Its best to do this as root..
>
> Thats all I had to do to get it to work.. After that, the drivers have
> worked flawlessly for me..
>
> Darin -

Current Linux kernel 2.4.3-20mdk uptime: 6 days 7 hours 52 minutes.