I have upgraded to XFree86 4.1 via mandrake update. when I try to startx
from run level 3 as a user i recieve the error,
"authentication failed-cannot start X server. Perhpas you do not have
console ownership?"
This started becasue I wanted to isntall tux typing which required
libSDL1.2, libSDL_mixer1.2 and libSDL_image1.2.
I did not want to use a --nodeps or --force to get this game working so to
fulfill deps i let the updater install a new Pam package and Xfree 4.1 and
all the packages,fonts and all for X.  I am running Mandrake 8.0 on kenel
2.4..3-20. (stock kernel I think,no upgrade)
Any suggestions on what to do to be able to startx from the console as user?

  TIA,
John W