On Monday 17 September 2001 11:00 pm, you wrote:
> I can't help you here specifically, but *make sure* you've disabled all
> unnecessary serial and parallel ports (and other useless motherboard
> peripherals) in the BIOS setup.  My feeling is removing the two serial
> ports alone and resetting the ECSD data should solve the problem.
>
> Check the kernel log by the program dmesg; it's possible to use the kernel
> module the video card needs an IRQ....

This is definately the case, as after disabling irq for vga in the bios,
/proc/pci reported the same graphices device, but this time without an IRQ.

Sad;y its gonna be about a week before i can test any of this as my friend
has gone to switzerland, and i dont have root access to his machine.

--
Tom "Tomahawk" Badran
Department of Computing, Imperial College