Hello,

Please excuse me that I post to this list, but there are not many LM PPC
users yet.
I try to install LM 8.0 on PPC G4 433 MHz. I used the graphic installer
DrakX and everything went fine until I reached the last but one point:
building the boot loader. When I try to build it I get the error message:

Installation of bootloader failed. Error: hmount: /dev/hdb10:not a Macintosh
HFS volume (Invalid argument) ybin:An error occured trying to access
/dev/hdb10 as HFS

The Linux volumes are /dev/hdb11 for / /dev/hdb12 for swap and /dev/hdb13.
The MacOS volumes are /dev/hdb9 for MacOS X and /dev/hda9 for MacOS 9.2.1.

So the installer tries to take a non HFS volume to put the boot loader on
and I didnīt find a way to change the volume in the graphic installer. I
donīt want to do an 'install-text' install, because Iīm new to Linux and
there isnīt much documentation for the PowerPC machines. I only have some
experience with NetBSD on mac68k, but thatīs different.
I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!
Dirk