Hi all people,

Have any guy on the list encountering the same problem in installing
Mandrake 8.0

I tried several days to install Mandrake 8.0 but met with frustration.

My partition table is as follows:
(It is a blank hard disc of 3.3G for running Linux-Mandrake 8.0 only)

-  Native partition for /boot 5 MB
-  Swap 260 MB  (2 x 128 MB RAM)
-  Rest for root partition

Each time after installation completed and re-starting, following warning
message prompts:

Kernel Panic:VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:05

I even tried installing Mandrake 7.2 first.  After it worked successfully,
then I installed/upgraded it to Mandrake 8.0.  But I still could not get
the later to work.   At re-start the same warning signal prompts.

Would it be the bug problem of  Mandrake 8.0 ? ? ?

Best Regards
Stephen Liu