On Thursday 04 October 2001 09:30 pm, you wrote:

>  The "Everything" install has been debated before.
>  It is not a pratical mode of installation.
>  Do you want an "everything" Desktop, Workstation, or Server
> installation? Do you want an "everything" Standard, Enterprise, or SMP
> kernel installation? Do you want an "everything" cdrecord installation
> along with all its clones and GUIs when you have no CD-RW?
>
>  There is room for improvement in the pkg selection process, But an
> "Everything" install is not one of them.

Personally, I would like to see an "everything" that returns a list of
things that could conflict with one another, and will not continue until
the confilcts have been resolved.

I also think that a "Developer Everything" should be implemented as well
This would install all 'devel' packages, along with the required libs
(just as long as they don't conflict with oneanother).

--
Alex