No, I won't flame you back but I did try all this. As I said (maybe I wrote
the wrong file but I meant inittab) I have runlevel 5 as initdefault, and
also I did tell DrakX installation and later reconfiguring with XFdrake to start
X at every boot. I guess I'll have to check what does the kernel do exactly
after the inittab has been run entirely. I think I shouldn't have to do that,
after all this is Mandrake! Thanks anyway.
Marcio Cordero

http://www.gmx.net