--On Wednesday, October 24, 2001 9:16 AM -0600 David Oberbeck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    However, I discovered that the kernel will still not compile,
> somehow the configuration header files are still fscked up. Well, to
> be more precise - as you mentioned - the kernel compiles, but the
> module compilation fails.
>
>    Sorry, don't have a solution for this one, still an issue with
> kernel 2.4.12-3 for me (anyone else have any suggestions?)

For me the problem seemed to be in linking for only some (maybe just a few)
of the modules.  I had to go back to 2.4.9 to compile/link without this
problem.

On any given system, there's a good chance that if only a few modules have
problems, they wouldn't be needed anyway.  And if a module that failed is
needed, its source can be downloaded and compiled separately.

I didn't have a chance to try this...  'make -k modules'  This will tell
make to ignore errors as much as it can and go on.  You will probably want
to review the make output to see just what problems there were, and see if
you can live with them.  So use:

make -k modules 2>&1 | tee file.to.capture.output

then after it's done have a look at file.to.capture.output
I didn't try this, but if you do I'm interested to know if it works.

Karl Cunningham