Richard,

> Hi Experts,
> What is the last stable 2.4 kernel that supermount, telnet server, and
> iptables function properly on. I have problems with the distro kernel in
> 8.1 (2.4.8-26mdk).
>
> cant get the telnet server to be seen,

   This is done by installing

        telnet-server-krb5-1.2.2-11mdk.i586.rpm

> cant compile modules, but can compile the kernel,

   From the cooker, try the following:

        kernel-2.4.12-3mdk.i586.rpm
        kernel-doc-2.4.12-3mdk.i586.rpm
        kernel-headers-2.4.12-3mdk.i586.rpm
        kernel-source-2.4.12-3mdk.i586.rpm

   These solved a number of problems which worked in 8.0 (e.g.
SoundBlaster Live! card & mixer settings).

   However, I discovered that the kernel will still not compile,
somehow the configuration header files are still fscked up. Well, to
be more precise - as you mentioned - the kernel compiles, but the
module compilation fails.

   Sorry, don't have a solution for this one, still an issue with
kernel 2.4.12-3 for me (anyone else have any suggestions?)

   Don't know about supermount, haven't tried it...

> DNAT is giving big probs when using bastille-netfilter.

   No info.

> Tried to aaccess my local network from here,I'm 1000miles away,
> by using "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTINg -i eth1 -j DNAT --to 44.131.90.2 "
> I'm now locked out and it hasnt flushed after a reboot !!!!:(
> Is 2.4.13 safe to use from the cooker site ??

   This sounds like the init scripts problem, which was updated with:

        initscripts-6.27-10.4mdk.i586.rpm

> TIA
>
> best regards
>  richard