On Monday, Oct 29, 2001, Stephen Liu wrote:

> Installation went through without problem but the PS/2 mouse died after
> re-booting.  It was alive at time of installation.  KDE could be started
> after re-booting and worked normally.  The mouse was found in HardDrake
> under the list.  It is a A4 3-button wheel PS/2 mouse.   But during
> installation I was not allowed to select another mouse, otherwise the PC
> would re-start automatically.
>
> During logout (Re-boot/Halt) the PC hanged with following warning ;
>
> /dev/pasux : no such device or address

Try this (as root obviously =) :

rm -fr /lib/dev-state/*
rm -fr /dev/*   (ignore any errors because of files in use)

And then reboot...  All your devices will come back, and hopefully the
mouse link will work then (you might want to reboot a second time just
to make sure everything's there).

--
Paul Cox <paul at coxcentral dot com>
Kernel: 2.4.8-31.1mdk  -  Uptime: 1 day 16 hours 9 minutes.