I have now downloaded it all. What's the difference between
kernel-source-2.4.13-2mdk.i586.rpm and kernel-2.4.13-2mdk.src.rpm?

I want to conmipe my own kernel, so I can exclude the modules I'm not
using. Is there a good howto for Mandrake on this, one that tells me how
to make a rollback if everything goes wrong too?