I agree that it may be awhile till getting those apps, but I think it will
happen.

if Linux ever gets to 30% of desktops, possibly even 20% then it will
outnumber Mac's by far..

then developers will start porting accross because they don't want to lose
market share.

just depends if things get good enough to get that sort of desktop numbers..

As more apps are developed for linux, then more desktop users will want to
swap over..

especially when M$ starts charging 200 dollars a year to have their OS
installed and running each year after the 300 you paid for the right to
install it..
(which appears to be one of their plans with .NET and passport.)

rgds

Frank