On Monday 05 November 2001 06:55 am, Franki wrote:
> I just installed the lm_sensors package from cooker onto my 7.2
> machine,
> never used it before, I have a via KT133a chipset and would like to
> set it up..
> mostly I am interested in the CPU temp and the fan speed of the cpu
> fan...
> anyone know of an easy way to set this up or a page that details it
> for mandrake?

     I take it you mean the lm_utils package?  If so, now run
'sensors-detect'.  All default answers to the questions should work,
and the program will generate a few lines to add to rc.local and
modules.conf.  I have a kt133a on a Soyo k7vta pro and the lines are:
~~~~~
To load everything that is needed, add this to some /etc/rc* file:

#----cut here----
# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-viapro
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe lm80
modprobe via686a
#----cut here----

To make the sensors modules behave correctly, add these lines to
either /etc/modules.conf or /etc/conf.modules:

#----cut here----
# I2C module options
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
#----cut here----
~~~~~

> I have kernel 2.2.19-5.1mdksecure  and I don't even know if the
> module for my chipset is included in it..
> any suggestions anyone?

do a 'locate -i i2c-viapro'  and it should return something like this:

/lib/modules/2.4.12-5mdk/kernel/drivers/i2c/i2c-viapro.o.gz

     When you're done with the above, then typing 'sensors' should
output all your system voltages, temps and fan speeds.  A good app
for displaying continuously all or some of these values is Gkrellm.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA
           chmod +x /bin/Laden.al-Qaeda.Taliban