Hi,

Linux gives you part of the functionality you want via the 'setgid' flag on
the directory:

   "[...] a file's permissions have three special components, which affect
only
    executable files (programs) and, on some systems, directories:

  1. set the process's effective user ID to that of the file upon
     execution (called the "setuid bit").  No effect on directories.

  2. set the process's effective group ID to that of the file upon
     execution (called the "setgid bit").  For directories on some
     systems, put files created in the directory into the same group as
     the directory, no matter what group the user who creates them is
     in.

  3. save the program's text image on the swap device so it will load
     more quickly when run (called the "sticky bit").  For directories
     on some systems, prevent users from removing or renaming a file in
     a directory unless they own the file or the directory; this is
     called the "restriction deletion flag" for the directory."

A quick check verifies that Linux (2.4.13 at least) implements the semantics
in '2' above.

        Rony