On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 10:46, Brad Felmey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a certain directory tree that I'd like to ensure always has the
> same owner/group for the contents therein, regardless of who created or
> last modified those contents (let's disregard the security implications
> for this discussion). Something similar to how umask works for
> permissions, only for GID/UID. I can obviously have a script running
> that resets the permissions every n number of seconds, but this is a
> horrible kludge, and I'd like to have something a bit more graceful.
>
> Also, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to have different umask for
> different areas of the filesystem. Is this possible in Linux?
>
> Thanks for any and all replies.

Thanks for the replies. I've been able to juggle perms with this
information to get something usable.

I also came up with using Samba to share the directory, mounting it on
the same machine, and pointing everyone to the mount point, which would
allow me to use Samba to force user, group, and perms. Kind of icky, but
would work.
--
Brad Felmey