On Friday 16 November 2001 19:31, Michael Leone wrote:
> >Also, the ssh client for windbloze is $2000, telnet is free.
>
> I know of at least 2 free ssh clients for Windows - puTTY and Terra
> Term. Even the "official" SSH client doesn't cost $2000 (US), AFAIK. Who
> told you that figure?

After installing Mandrake 7.2 telnet left and ssh took it's place, no loss -
ssh has ftp and it is somewhat more straightforward, so I searched for a
Windows client, and found ssh for Linux for free - on the same page was a
client for Windows 2000 which was outrageous, I thougt it was 2000 bucks, it
at least had three zero (significant places) in the price.  I think I was
trying to accomplish ftp, as I have another Linux client for emaergency log
ins.

mg