The original sources do not provide this.

The 3D buttons and nice Icons are added by a set of additional files you
have to manually install. With 8.0 Mandrake included this in their RPM's
but now omits them.

It should be possible to re-install the 8.0 RPM's then INSTALL (not
upgrade) the 8.1 RPM's retaining the settings.

I might try this tonight for yucks.

-JMS