What are you trying to connect to mysql.  is there a config file.  I would
need more information to answer your question.

Thanks Bill Nash

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brian Schroeder
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 9:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] undefined function: mysql_connect()

I asked for help on this problem once before, but, unforutunately,
no one felt qualified to respond.  So on behalf of my hair, which
doesn't want to be torn out, if anyone can enlighten me on this I
would appreciate it.

Any PHP-based app which wants to access a MySQL database fails at
the first hurdle with this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in ...php

This is in both mdk 8.0 and 8.1.

My config includes:

apache-1.3.20-3mdk
apache-common-1.3.20-3mdk