At 10:19 PM 11/14/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I didn't follow the whole thread; but if you can get your mail with Eudora,
>disconnect and then get more mail with Eudora again without problem, then this
>is not the issue.
>
>The problem (an old one now) was that the POP server would fork a process
>("popper") under the user's account to deliver the mail.  Sometimes, the
>disconnect would not happen properly and the "popper" process would not
>terminate.  When the client connected again, mail could not be retrieved
>because
>a new popper could not start (locked out by previous one).  The only way
>for the
>user to clear it him/herself was to login to the server (if that was allowed)
>and "kill -9 popper"; or call the ISP.

Sorry for not having explained to you clearly.  What I intended to indicate
to you was the settings made by me, the login and the password used were
correct.  With the same parameter I can make Eudora in another PC to
retrieve emails from the same ISP (broadband provider).  I did not use
Kmail or other mail software running on Linux to get email immediately
after turning off Eudora.  There was no inter-link.

Fetchmail Test Result is as follows:

fetchmail: POP3< +OK <11346 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA\r
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR authorization first
fetchmail: authorization first
fetchmail: POP3> USER satimis \ r
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3> PASS * \ r
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR authorization failed
fetchmail: authorization failed
fetchmail: authorization failed on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fetchmail: POP3> Quit \ r
fetchmail: Query status = 3 (AUTHFAIL)
fetchmail: Normal termination. Status 0
Done

It did happen to me once about 2 years ago when I installed RH 6.2.  The
password was encrypted making the mail server unable to recognize
it.  Finally I fixed it but unfortunately I could not recall how to make
it.  I looked around all items for configuring Kmail but could not discover
an item which may encrypt the password before sending it to the mail server.

Is there any difference between POP3 and POP ?   My ISP uses POP in his
server.  I used  pop.xxx.net  as host.  pop3.xxx.net could not work.

B.R.
Stephen