The 1.0 release came out today. I am running it on an 8.1 system and
have so far been very impressed. I've moved all my mail usage to linux
now - finally a decent mail client!! (I still love mutt, but pictures
are nice). Given the number of emails with the BadTrans virus, I feel
that the 1.0 release has been quite precipitous.
Angus

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 14:18, Mitch Thompson wrote:
> I've been using 1.0 release candidate (0.99) for 3-4 days now and am
> quite impressed.  V 0.13, which came with 8.1 would crash after just a
> few minutes.  So far, this seems to be pretty solid.  Time to get the
> full release...
>
> On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 08:43, Rony Shapiro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since there was some interest in Ximian Evolution in this mailing, I think
> > the official announcement of 1.0 is relevant.
> >
> > The press release
> > (http://www.ximian.com/about_us/press_center/press_releases/evolution1_0.htm
> > l) list Mandrake 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 8.0 as "supported" distributions.
> >
> > Anyone care to try for 8.1?
> >
> >     Rony
> >

> > ----

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> --
> Mitch Thompson, San Antonio TX
> Key fingerprint = BBDA 3A2A 4483 BD0D 7CED  B8A9 D183 C8F6 B0AF 66AE
> --
> Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft®, recently referred to Linux as a cancer.
> Unsuprisingly, this is incorrect - Linux was released on August 25th,
> 1991,
> and is therefore a virgo.
| Angus Beath | Support Coordinator +61 2 42215600 |
| ICQ: 44324120 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]           |
If you hear someone yell, "Empower THIS!!"
try to put some distance between you and
whatever happens next. - words from the wise DNRC.