Let me get this straight.

1) The mplayer developers are developing software which uses various
libraries with incompatible licenses.
2) They claim the files are allowed to exist in the same project in
*source* form.
3) They also claim that distributing (or even *building*) the project
results in you violating some of those licenses.
4) They tell you to go ahead and download it and build it.
5) They apparently don't think their project violates any of those
licenses even though (by their own admission) they must have violated
these licenses hundreds of times during the development cycle.

WHAT THE #&@*!!!

    - Theo