From: Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 2:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Parallel printer over Ethernet?

Hi List!

        I'm looking for a product (if it really exists!) to allow me to
print via Ethernet using parallel printer.  I mean, a kind of box with one
RJ input (so I could set a IP address) and some parallel ports, where I
would connect printers.  So I would be able to set printers in my linux
(even Winblows and Applows) to print over network.  Is such a thing
possible?  Is there a such device?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil