Problem I have encountered was generated by new kernel (no matter which one -
everyone) when I'm downloading the new kernels (offical one from
www.kernel.org) than the network script on system startup fails already on
'lo' interface with comment "address familly not supported by kernel" which
is strange because:

1. Never seen before... (mandrake 7.0)
2. When after trying to start all interfaces by hand with command:
"ifconfig <if name>  up <IP>" it starts w/o problems and any error message...

The same problem I have with new Red Hat distro...
Again it is not a kernel conf problem cause I do it with the same way (for
the network setting) for the years now...

Any suggestion???
--
_4ever_