Charles A Edwards grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:29:40 -0800
> "David Guntner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know what's up with the attached message?  It doesn't include the
> > message that it is complaining about, so I have no idea *what* it is
> > complaining about.  However, I don't think I've been going on a cussing
> > spree lately. :-)  Can who-ever is in charge of this list please look into
> > it and let me know what the problem is?  Thanks.
>
> If you will look at where the message is from:
> From: "WorkgroupMail MailScan Plug-in"@akamail.com
>
> Your mail service is the one that blocked the message not this list.

No, it's not. :-)  My mail provider has no such service, for one thing.
That was a faked From: header.  I took a closer look at the headers of that
message after sending my query, and the message appears to actually
originate from 149.76.7.24, which is tureknet.cs.sbu.edu.

What's really odd about it is that when it was sent, it claimed to be from
yahoo.com.  The line in question is:

   forged)) by akamail.com (8.11.6) id fBH2Nks42720 for
   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:23:46 -0800 (PST)

What I wonder about is why the mailer running at that host is claiming to
be yahoo.com in its HELO greeting upon connecting to my mail provider's
server.

Anyway, that's what I get for not looking closer *before* sending out a
question like that. :-)  Sorry for bothering the list and adminstrator with
a bogus complaint.

Note to whoever is subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
tureknet.cs.sbu.edu:  If you're going to subscribe to a mailing list,
kindly turn off such filter "services."  They only serve to confuse members
of the list when something remarkably unhelpful like that is received.

                --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server