On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:26:58 -0500
Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If you will look at where the message is from:
> > From: "WorkgroupMail MailScan Plug-in"@akamail.com
> >
> > Your mail service is the one that blocked the message not this list.
> >

> >    Charles
>
> On the contrary Charles...I have a feeling it has something to do with the list in
>some manner cause I've gotten a few of them also today, and there wasn't anything
>objectional in the language I used to compose the message. it was much the same as
>this message is now.
>
> I've written Denis Havlik about it, but haven't heard anything back yet.
> --

I can promise you that though at times this list is monitored Nothing is ever
blocked.
I mean there have been some so extreme that by agreement that poster was
removed from the list, but the offending message was not blocked or in
any other way altered.

Since I did not look at the source prior to my first response and it proved
to be incorrect, the most likly cause is that some list member is trying to
recevive from an account other than their own and it is this account that
is blocking the message, for whatever reason, and then sending an auto-reply
directed only to the original poster.

A similar thing happened on the Newbie list about a year ago when someone
was accessing the list from their job, some utility co. in Texas, and the company was
using keyword/pharse content filters on all their incoming and
outgoing mail causing some posters to receive an auto-resond of rejected
mail because of 'vulgarity'.

   Charles

   Charles