On Wednesday 19 December 2001 08:02 am, Felix Miata wrote:
> I got the so-called "driver" (Intel-v92ham.tgz) for this from
> http://developer.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers/Intel-v92ham.htm
> The instructions first fail by instructing to tar -xvf the archive,
> which didn't work because the necessary z was omitted. Once someone
> helped me with that I continued. The instructions say change to the
> directory created and then do as follows:
>
> make clean
> make all
> make install
>
> This seems simple enough, but my Mandrake 8.1 system didn't have make
> installed, so first I found that on the first CD and did rpm -i on it.
> 'make clean' ran with no errors I could see, but 'make all' does nothing
> but present me with a usage error. I have no idea what to try next. If
> anyone has succeeded in installing an Intel HaM PCI fake modem using a
> 2.4.x kernel, I'd sure like some help.

Hmmm,

What's the license on that tarball?  If it is GPL or equivalent, it might be
possible to build an rpm to drive the fake modem and include it.  Hmmm,
BSD-style license on the source but three binaries without source.

Strange this was compiled on Mandrake8.0 with gcc 2.96 originally, according
to the intel engineer's notes.

Possibly you are missing a library, or it has been updated and renamed.
Let's see the error messages.

Civileme