Dinos Kouroushaklis wrote:

> I have the same problem but I have another SCSI adapter card, a Tekram 390F.
> When the card is on the machine I can not see the ZipDrive.
> When I remove the Tekram SCSI adapter card, the ZipDrive is fine.
>
> Does anyone know anything on how to make this work?
>
> Regards
>
> At 14:50 21/12/2001 +1100, you wrote:
> >On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:32, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > My parallel zip worked just fine with LM 8.0.  Unfortunatley I had to
> > > upgrade my system to LM 8.1 (I want o to run multiple Xs).  I said
> > > unfortunately because LM 8.1 has lots of funny stuff (for instance, ps2
> > > mouse -gpm - is a nightmare!).
> > >
> > > I tried to issue the command moutn -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip2 but an error
> > > message came out "no such device".  LM 8.1 defined /dev/sda4 on fstab but
> > > I've checked the dev dir and I couldn't find sda4 (though /dev/sda is
> > > pointing the right place - cdrecord -scanbus confirms that my system has a
> > > zip on 0,6,0).
> > >
> > > How can I create /dev/sda4?  Or how can I mount /dev/sda4?

I haven't followed the complete thread of the problem so if I'm way off
base let me know.

-----------------------------
man mknod.

But you probably don't want to create this. Try making a link to the
device that /dev/sda is pointing.

Do a ls -l /dev/sda to get the full name of the device, then issue the
proper command to make the link.

man ln for the correct format.

After creating the link try again to mount the device. If the entry in
your /etc/fstab is correct and you have the mount point it should work.

For additional information on the devfsd see the following reference:

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/docs/devfs.html